Office of Catholic Schools
The growing Catholic population in North Georgia continues to bless our Catholic schools. During the 2019-2020 school year, approximately 8,000 students are enrolled in our 18 Archdiocesan Catholic Schools. In addition, our 28 parish preschool programs serve over 2,500 children in programs located throughout the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
Mission Statement: Catholic schools in the Archdiocese of Atlanta are committed to providing excellent education in an environment of spiritual, intellectual, physical and moral formation in accordance with the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Atlanta serve a vital role in the educational ministry of the Church.
Vision Statement: The system of Catholic Schools in the Archdiocese of Atlanta provides solid faith formation and academic excellence. We prepare our students for college, life’s vocations, active participation in society and in the life of our Church and ultimately for Heaven.
- The foundation of our Catholic schools is rooted in Christ and His Church.
- The cultural diversity of our local Church provides opportunities to embrace different cultures in our school communities and to recognize God’s image in all whom we encounter.
- Parents are the primary educators of their children; working together, the sense of family and a faith community create an atmosphere of trust, love, and partnership.
- All children deserve to have access to academic excellence through active participation in challenging and enriching learning opportunities.
- School communities represent safe environments where everyone is treated with respect.
- Technology is a tool which should be integrated across all areas of curriculum to support higher-order thinking skills, communication, collaboration, and problem-solving.
- Made in the image and likeness of God, we respect the dignity of all life in its physical, emotional and moral dimensions.
- Through active involvement in Christian service, all students assist in upholding the respect and dignity of every person and of God’s creations.
- We are called to transform ourselves and our communities through the living and modeling of our Gospel teachings and baptismal vows.